Friday, May 14, 2010

Risoni Salad

Risoni is one kind of pasta looks like Rice and is available in all stores. Risoni salad taste good with mixed crisp veggies , fruits and nice salad dressing with Garlic Mayo r Vineigrette. But, in my salad i didn't used the salad dressing cos my Hubby wants to have plain salad. So, i just sprinkle little bit of extra virgin olive oil on top of it. While using olive oil, use normal olive oil (refined or pure) for cooking and extra virgin olive oil for salads. Here is the recipe for the Risoni salad as follows,



Ingredients:

1.Uncooked Risoni - 1 cup
2.Diced English cucumber - 5 tbsp
3.Chopped deseeded tomato - 1/2 medium
4.Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tsp
5.Cubed pine apple - 4 tbsp
6.Shredded pomegranate - 4 tbsp
7.Chopped Green Bell Pepper - 2 tbsp
8.Finely chopped fresh Carrot - 3 tbsp
9.Lemon Black Pepper - 1tsp

Preparation:

1.Cook Risoni according to package instructions. After 5 - 8 mts of cooking drain the Risoni in collander and keep it aside.
2.Take one deep bowl or salad bowl, mix all the ingredients except olive oil, pomegranate seeds and cooked risoni.
3.Now spread the cooked Risoni in serving plate and arrange the mixture on top of the risoni.
4.Sprinkle the extra virgin olive oil follow with pomegranate seeds on top of the Risoni salad.
5.Let it sit inside the fridge for 5 mts and then the Filling Risoni salad is ready to serve for Dinner. After having this salad you will feel complete n filling meal for dinner. After the salad have the Low fat flavoured yoghurt for the dessert, my Hubby enjoyed this Risoni Salad with Low fat Raspberry flavoured yoghurt.

44 comments:

  1. Sathya, its very new to me. I will look for risoni in super markets. This looks very colourful and it is always wise to avoid those salad dressings bcoz most of them are loaded with fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Risoni salad looks colourful, catchy and healthy..Prefect dish for dieting people..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad looks colorful and delicious...Will definitely taste good with fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely salad with pasta, sathya...very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great.Lovely presentation dear.
    Check out my blog sometime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sathya, risoni pasta is new for me.. colorful salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow dear,

    healthy n colorful salad ....makes me hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. பார்க்கும்பொழுதே மிகவும் அருமையாக இருக்கின்றது...சூப்பர்ப்....

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I love that there are pomegranates in this! Great salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha! Pastala salad! Illa saladla pastava? Yetho, romba superra irukku! Ellam labakunum bola irukku!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pasta salad looks so colorful, will surely try sometime. I love orzo pasta( risoni) for thier rice like appearance. Its one eternal pasta for rice lovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I have never heard of this risoni before,looks very nice Sathya with all the veggies and pomegranate,lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow very beautiful salad sathya, sorry am late as i was very busy today...have a great weekend, take care sathya...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salad looks very colorful Satya,..veg and fruits...what a beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salad looks great Sathya, Nice blend of fruits and veggies

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the idea of pome' to this salad, looks very refreshing, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks sathya, u too have a wonderful weekend, see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  18. First time seeing risoni. can it be substituted for a whole meal?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks very eye-catching! Nice ingredients added including the fruit! Perfect to eat cold on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love pasta...its also called Orzo...pomegranate seeds and orzo salad....delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sathya,

    Pom seeds make salads beautiful, this salad is perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Sathya,Risoni salad looks very delicious and healthy.Risoni pasta is new to me.
    Will post the paruppu podi soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful salad, Sathya..So colorful and healthy..

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a healthy salad dear..risoni salad looks so colorful.we can have it as a main course too..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the combination of various colors and tastes going on in that bowl:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely pasta salad, sathya and so very healthy.
    yes it's better to avoid calorie laden salad dressings.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see some pomegranate in it. I wish I get some here. salad looks very healthy and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks colourful and delicious....mmm I love pomegranate. I think I will have fun picking and eating it one by one before eating the rest :D Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pomegranate seeds are my new favorite things to put in salads! I love their juicy crunch. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pomegranate seeds are my new favorite things to put in salads! I love their juicy crunch. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I too had this pasta at a friend's house long back...I thought it was rice :(...nice idea of making a salad with this Sathya...healthy also with all the pomegranates and cucumber...nalla iruku da :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. gosh !! I love pomegranate and besides they are good for health !! thanks for the sharing !! Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  33. Came here thro indiblogger..U have a nice blog:)This pasta reminds me of orzo pasta..Looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's not an exaggeration when I say, haven't seen many pretty salads like this

    ReplyDelete
  35. i love the variety of dishes in your blog! always find some new ingredient or a new technique. the risoni looks similar to orzo, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  36. excellent salad looks beautiful.....healthy too...colourful perfect for kids

    ReplyDelete
  37. lovely salad looks beautiful & colurful!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi dear, I just loved the colors on ur salad!!! My favourite pomegranate is there too...owh so yumm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow so healthy and colorful salad...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks so colourful and really very inviting. Nice click. Lovely presentation too.

    ReplyDelete